Friday, May 31, 2013

Spring is here!

 It's been a long time since I've been on my log cabin blog. Time to visit my blogger friends! 

Everything is nice and green in northern Michigan.  We are reaching the tail end of the bird migration. I am so happy to have some of my feathered visitors back - especially the Rose Breasted Grosbeak pictured below.  Though I do have to say that these birds are one of the biggest pigs at the feeder.  I swear one of them has been sitting on my feeder for the past 5 hours munching away!

How are things in your neck of the woods?

10 comments:

Carol said...

Thank you for stopping by & commenting on my blog. Right now we have not had any severe weather here in Tulsa. Praying it stays that way.

It's great to see you make a post. I have missed your beautiful nature photos!

Smiles,
Carol

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Hi Shelly!! So glad to see you pop in to my blog. I was wondering what you were up to. I don't know if you even know that we sold our other house a year ago and the place we live in now we bought in November.

Hope all is well with you....look forward to seeing you visit more.
Hugs,
Penny

Connie said...

I love that picture of him peeking around looking at you. "Peek-a-boo, I see you!" :)

Looks beautiful there with everything green again.

FAB said...

Good to see you back Shelly. That Grosbeak sure looks a brute.

Busy Bee Suz said...

That bird has an eating disorder.....and I completely understand!!!!
XOXO

PatsyAnne said...

So glad to find your post - you were missed - how is Scout doing? All were missed and hoping you post more often.

Linda said...

Lovely photos.

Anonymous said...

You have such a nice place! Your log home builders surely worked hard and knew what they were doing!!

Hilary Kimbel said...

This is beautiful! I'm totally in love with log homes... My dream is to live in one that looks just like this one day!

Just a little something from Judy said...

Just stopping by to say "hello" to you, and to let you know I think of you every time I go by a log house. Hope you are doing well. I miss your outstanding photography.